Table of Contents
This page last changed 2022.06.08 19:15 and viewed 2 times today, 0 time yesterday, and 59 total times since it was created.
Information for Speakers
You are going to present to the Lexington Computer and Technology Group. Great! Thanks! Here is some information that will help make your presentation a better one.
A Bit About Us
The Lexington Computer and Technology Group (LCTG) is a volunteer, no-cost, not-for-profit, just-for-fun-and-education organization that meets most Wednesdays from 10am to 11:30am using Zoom. Many members are accomplished PhD's, MD's, and Professionals who present to the group on a variety of topics, but we welcome and in fact encourage others to speak on topics familiar to them. Meetings are open to anyone interested in the topic(s). The group has an email list just for announcements and discussions and the list is moderated to prevent spammers.
- We record meetings. Let us know if this is not OK with you.
- We place recordings on YouTube for public viewing. Let us know if this is not OK with you.
- Often a speaker doesn't want the meeting recorded. Sometimes a speaker is OK with recording but not posted for the public on YouTube.
- Meetings start at 10am.
- You are encouraged to join around 9:45am to allow time to correct any connection or presentation issues.
- If you want to practice ahead of time using Zoom for your presentation, let us know and we'll arrange time to work with you.
- Please let us know if we are describing your presentation correctly and on the right date, see: the group schedule page
Connecting to the meeting
Oh yes, can't forget to tell you how to connect to the meeting! Please join around 9:45am if you can.
- If you have the Zoom application installed, start it and join meeting with ID: 972 6146 0830
- From your browser, go to: https://zoom.us/j/97261460830
- From your smartphone, tap this: +16468769923,,97261460830#
Joining the mail list
We would be delighted if you want to join the group and get notices of upcoming meetings and join discussions.
To do this, send an email to
LCTGfirstname.lastname@example.org and include this info in the body of your message:
- Your full name
- Town of Residence
- Brief intro of yourself and why you want to join
- The fact that you are going to speak to the group on (topic and date if you have it)
Why do we ask for this info? This is so we can limit list members to real people and prevent spammers from getting on the list.
Also, you can leave the list at any time, there's info on how to do this in each email or let us know at
A big thank-you for taking your time to prepare for and present to the group!
And now some hints to help you present
Increase Mouse Cursor Size
The default mouse cursor size might be the right one for your everyday use, but it might help your presentation if it was a little larger. Here's how to do that.
Increase mouse cursor - MacOS
digested from https://macreports.com/how-to-change-macos-cursor-size/
- System Preferences (icon in Dock, or click the apple in upper-left and choose System Preferences)
- Click on Accessibility
- In lefthand column, click on Display
- You should see Cursor Size.
- If you don't, click on the Cursor tab.
- Slide from Normal towards Large to increase the size of the cursor. Set it for mid-way between Normal and Large.
You can repeat this process when you want to reset the size.
Increase mouse cursor - Windows
This from https://www.howtogeek.com/427263/
- Settings > Ease of Access > Cursor & Pointer
- press Windows+I to open Settings quickly
- Drag the slider under “Change the Pointer Size”.